Sunday, September 28, 2008

The house of sticks

I assume it is safe to say that most of us have heard the story of the three little pigs. I will liken myself to one of those foolish pigs who unwisely built his house out of sticks. As the story goes, I found a nice place to build a house, and so I started to build. I was under the false impression that somehow sticks would be a good choice for my house. When my house was funished, I looked at it and said "this is a pretty nice house for sure." I was quite happy with it, and took no more thought of it. I was happy with were I was living. After a short while, it was brought to my attention that certain problems in the building materials were exposed. Again, in my thoughtlessness gave little heed to the warnings. In one swift turn of events, my house came crashing down, and I was left with little more than a pile of broken sticks. Lesson learned: I should have known all along to use bricks instead of sticks. I just hope I can rebuild on the same site with the much stronger material.

No comments: