Saturday, May 16, 2009

The quasi miracle

For the second time in a row, I am going to write about golf, and yes I did golf this morning.  This particular outing was more pleasent than usual.  I will start off by saying that for the second consecutive time, my driving ability was pretty non-existant.  I should probably work on that huh?  Anyway, overall I think I did better than at any point in my entire life, as far as the overall round went.  For some reason, be it luck or whatever but my ball happened to find itself about 25 feet away from the hole, not that far off the green.  I took my usual practice swings and then hit the ball.  Let me tell you now that the hit was an absolute thing of beauty.  I watched as the ball hit the green, and like a laser guided missile hitting its target, rolled right into the hole.  I was pretty much in shock.  Never in my life had something so wonderful as that happened, and just a guess but probably will not happen again.  That made my day.  I am going out on a limb here by saying that it was all because I watched Happy Gillmore last night.  Moral of the story:  Happy Gillmore will turn any bad golfer into a good one (temporarily).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL
glad you did so well

Erin said...

Did you use a hockey stick, though? That's what he uses in the movie... :)