Saturday, April 18, 2009

Golf....I like golf very much. I think the reason I like it so much is the uncertainty. I have experienced the phenomena of doing well (for my subpar ability), and then the very next round throwing whatever game I had to begin with to proverbial heck. At the very pinnacle of self-confidence I get knocked way back to it is where I came from in the first place. The prompt for this entry comes from today's golf outing. Four of us were in the group, out of which I came in third place. One of the main reasons for this is that I could not drive the ball if my life depended on it. If hitting the ball poorly were a crime, I would be locked away for a very long time. Watching me try to hit the ball was like watching a blind man chop wood. The day wasn't all bad though. At least I made it through the entire nine holes without losing a ball. That rarely happens. I did manage in all my eccentric stupidity to not put sunblock on, and hence my skin magically turned red. (I think they call that a sunburn.) That leaves me with two memories of today's activities. May many happy days of golfing uncertainty be ahead!

No comments: