Monday, June 15, 2009

A Memory of a Movie

Ok. I have apparently decided subliminally somehow to only update the blog once a month. To some of you that may just be about right, and to the other, and quite smaller group I may add, it may not be enough. After all I know that my blog must be an all-you-can-eat buffet of laughter. I can't help but think back to a few years ago while I was living in St. George. A few times my friends and I would get together and have fun with a video camera. One of the endeavors we undertook was an authenitic "true to life" recreation of the Ammon and King Lamoni story in the Book of Mormon. I really really wish I still had that video so I could post it on Facebook. Anyway, I played the part of King Lamoni, and did so with such power and awe-inspiring skill that it probably would make Charlton Heston's Moses look like a babe in its mother's arms. (The preceeding statement is most likely false in every respect). The video was so true to the story that instead of using real severed arms, we got the ingenious idea to replace them with oven mitts. Chew on that Speilberg! I had tons of fun making it, the only regret I do have is that a true cinematic treasure is now lost. (That preceeding statement is mostly false, except for the "I had tons of fun making it" comment). What does the movie-making future hold for me? Only time will tell.....

No comments: